Sunday, March 13, 2016

3D Printing in 1st grade... SAY WHAT?

Hello all it's Ronalea!

I have some awesome news to share! My class will be getting a 3D printer, yes that's right a 3D printer! I was very blessed to be picked as one of the LeRoy Finkel Big Idea Finalist! Read more about it here blog.cue.org/leroy-finkel-2016/

My Big Idea was to get a 3D printer for my first grade classroom! Well, my dream is about to become a reality! My students inspire me everyday and they are the reason I was inspired to get a 3D printer. My goal is to have my students make connections between the digital world and the concrete world that they experience.

One of the first things I did was search for 3D printing in primary elementary classes... well I couldn't find much information because this technology has mostly been used in upper elementary, middle and high school levels. I was able to find some suggested texts, these are a few of the mentor texts I will be using to introduce creativity, perseverance, and 3D printing to my class!


Follow me on my journey! I will be sure to post lessons, resources, and share my experiences of using 3D printing in a first grade classroom! Follow me on twitter and use #3Dfirsties! Stay tuned on Friday 3/18 because I will be presenting at CUE for a chance to scale my project!!!


5 comments:

  1. The post is kind of confusing but I understood few. Can someone help me explaining me the summary of this post so I get a better idea if possible? 3d printed rc car

    ReplyDelete
  2. the foremost artistic a part of these kinds of stickers is their eye catching ability thanks to their bright colours and styles. http://parkplaceprinting.net/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sort of special strategy is to a great degree successful for giving your business better perceivability alongside an unending stream of prospects.www.printingreviewed.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. And now for a comment written by a human who actually read and enjoyed your post...
    Hi ladies. Did start using your 3D printer with your first graders? How did it go? Any tips? I have had great success with second grade, so I'm going to give first grade a try this year. Would you mind sharing your experiences or pointing me towards any helpful resources you came across? Thanks in advance for any ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They print consideration snatching leaflets and flyers with data about your items or administrations, helping you spread data about your business to the potential clients. brochure prints for cheap

    ReplyDelete